How to Make an Ethical & Sustainable Wish List for The Holidays
I'm excited to share our new Wish List feature! Now you can make a wish list of all the ethical goods you love on Give a Damn Goods and easily share it via social media or e-mail. Perfect for the upcoming holiday season.
1. If you want to make sure your Wish List saves be sure you're logged into your Give a Damn Goods account using the person icon in the right hand corner.
2. Select a product you love and click the heart icon that says "Add to Wish List." This icon can easily be located under the add to cart button on any product.
3. View, edit, or share your Wish List by clicking on the heart icon in the upper right hand corner. This will take you to your Wish List where you can easily share via social media platforms, e-mails, or links.
Get started on your holiday wish list and let your friends + family know you're hoping for ethical gifts this holiday season!
Ethical Gifts for Your Wish List
Shit Show T-Shirt
- Our t-shirt supplier produces great quality shirts, while fighting generational poverty in Haiti. LIFE, the Haitian facility where the shirts are produced, creates dignified work that keeps families together. They pay workers 5x the going rate for similar jobs in the area. 100% of LIFE's profits are dedicated to programs that support orphans.
- Each shirt uses 6 recycled poly water bottles and all fabric is spun, knitted, processed and finished in the USA.
- Our tees are printed locally in Seattle, WA using non-toxic and phthalate free inks
Product Description: Embrace the messiness of life with our "Star of the Shit Show" tee. Unisex sizes to flatter men, women, & everyone. Tri-blend Crews unique and proprietary blend is built from 50% Repreve® polyester from recycled plastic; 25% organic, US grown, combed, ring spun cotton; and 25% TENCEL™ Modal. These sustainable fibers combine to create a soft, flexible, and smooth fabric.
Out of stock of your size? Don't worry! We have our tees made in small batches to avoid creating excess product & waste. We restock our short sleeve tees about once a month. Sign up for our e-mail list here to be notified when sizes are restocked.
Washing & Care: We recommend washing in cold water & hang drying your tee! As this will ensure it lasts the longest and is better for the environment!
Social Impact: All Kind Karma jewelry is locally made in the Toronto area and handcrafted by at-risk and transitioning homeless youth.
Product Description: This stunning choker is a bestseller because it is versatile enough to wear with every outfit, casual or fancy. The choker features a chain of blank gold or silver coins, each measuring approximately 4mm in diameter, strung together to a total length of 12.5". This piece features a 2" extender for an adjustable fit and extra versatility.
Cross Throw Blanket
Social Impact: Newly creates high end home goods from recycled materials.
Product Description: This sustainable throw blanket is made using 51% recycled cotton & 49% recycled plastic bottles (and unbelievably soft). Each blanket uses 12 plastic bottles and saves 2250 gallons of water 50" X 60"
Blanket Care Instructions
- We always recommend hand washing, but you may also machine wash (gentle cycle) on cold.
- The easiest method for returning the blanket to form is having it professionally pressed at a dry cleaner. You may also iron.
- You can use a dry cleaner to both clean and press, but most dry cleaners use harsh chemicals that are questionable for humans and the environment, so we recommend dry cleaners only for the purpose of pressing.
- The best environmental practice is to clean with a soft cloth using water and biodegradable, phosphate-free soap.