Meet Newly: Sustainable Home Goods Made with Recycled Materials
Newly is on a mission to repurpose unused materials, increase sustainability, and positively impact the environment by creating long lasting products for the home. Newly’s beautiful, high end home goods are made from 100% recycled materials.
Based in Nashville, TN the Newly team is taking advantage of the excessive amount of waste produced by the modern American lifestyle by turning it into something beautiful. The Newly team partners with various suppliers to craft high end home goods from the repurposed materials. Newly home goods are built to last and make great house warming gifts, wedding gifts, or a treat for your own home.
Newly Recycling Facts (based on research from Stanford University)
- By recycling one bottle this can save enough energy to power a T.V. for 1.5 hours
- Every 6 tons of glass recycled (vs. creating the equivalent amount of new glass) = 1 ton of CO2 not in the atmosphere.
- One ton of recycled steel saves: 642 Kwh of energy, 1.8 barrels of oil, 10.9 million Btu's of energy, 4 cubic yards of landfill space.
- The avg. 100% conventional cotton tee shirt is made from .5 lbs of cotton fiber. The water required to farm and dye .5 lbs of cotton fiber is, conservatively estimating, 750 gallons.
- A tee shirt made from the yarn we use at Newly requires 10 gallons of water (and also uses no dye).
- The nation's composting and recycling rate rose from 7.7% of the waste stream in 1960, to 17% in 1990, to around 30% today. But that still leaves A LOT of waste to be recovered!
The Cumberland Blue Throw Blanket is so cozy. With a bit of stretch, this blanket is perfect for wrapping yourself up and cuddling in. This unique blanket is made from 51% recycled cotton & 49% recycled plastic bottles (and unbelievably soft) Each blanket uses 12 plastic bottles and saves 2250 gallons of water which is incredible! This blanket is perfect for the fall and winter seasons coming up!